Causes Of Hair Loss
Hair loss can affect both males and females at different stages of their lives and for various reasons. Early signs of hair loss or thinning hair can induce further stress on individuals but with medical intervention, hair follicles can be preserved and regenerated.
Common causes of hair loss include:
- Early stages of hair loss:
- Hair loss due to hereditary reasons
- Hair loss due to hormonal changes
- Hair loss due to stress
- Hair loss due to medical conditions
- Hair loss due to age
- Excessive hair fall
- Hair thinning
- Androgenic Alopecia – more commonly known as male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness
- Alopecia Areata – Random round or oval patches of bald spots
- Telogen Effluvium – Follicles enter premature shedding and resting stage
- Anagen Effluvium – Follicle shedding during growth stage
Hair Growth Cycle
Other information about hair growth and hair fall.
- Hair growth versus hair fall: Generally, around 85% of the hair are in growing stage and another 15% in resting or shedding stage
- Average Hair fall: Around 150 strands a day
- Hair growth speed: Average speed of 0.5 – 1 inch per month
When a normal hair growth cycle is not balanced or stops at a certain stage, hair fall can seem more apparent and individuals may experience early signs of thinning or balding. With early intervention, hair fall conditions can be controlled, effectively decreasing the need for invasive procedures in future.
Types Of Treatment
At Dream, we offer a range of solutions ranging from non-invasive topical treatments to surgical hair transplants to help with hair loss conditions of varying severity.
Hair Loss treatments include:
- Prescriptive medication– Medication helps to control overactive DHT (Androgen Dihydrotestosterones) which is responsible for shrinking hair follicles and reducing hair growth.
- Topical – The use of Minoxidil as a topical remedy can help to prolong the growth phase (Anagen) and encourage new hair growth.
- Hair Regeneration Laser – Low-level laser therapy delivers energy to promote proliferation of thick, full and healthier looking hair.
- Infusion of Hair Regenerative Serum with growth factors can help with the following:
- Growth factors stimulate new follicle growth
- Regenerate blood vessels vital for hair follicle survival
- Improve blood circulation and nutrient supply to the follicles
- Optimize scalp condition to support new hair growth
- Corticosteroid injection – Injections at specific sites help to prevent the immune system from attacking the hair follicles and keeping any form of inflammation down. This is especially helpful for individuals suffering from alopecia.
- Hair transplant surgery – Relocating healthy follicles from selected parts of the scalp to rejuvenate and reconstruct hair lines that were lost. Click here for more information on hair transplantation.
Each individual’s hair loss condition can be triggered by different factors and depending on your diagnosis, our surgeons will devise a personalized treatment plan which may include more than one treatment.