Double Jaw Surgery
Double-jaw Surgery creates an optimal chin contour by changing the position or shape of the upper chin (maxillary) and lower chin (mandible). A combination of orthodontic work is also often performed to correct a jagged jawbone or uneven teeth. After surgery correcting cross-bite of the jawbone or teeth, chewing or breathing could become easier.
As chin imperfections vary depending on the person, the application of Double-jaw Surgery should be customised depending on a patient's conditions. This is why selecting a well-informed and experienced specialist is important.
Effect Of Dream Double-jaw Surgery
Patients Suitable For Surgery
- Those with a very pointed chin.
- Those having an imperfect chin contour and suffering from malocclusion.
- Those with an asymmetrical face.
- Those having severely exposed gums.
- Those with a face that is too long or too wide.
- Those with a low-centered face.
- Those with a protruding upper and lower chin.
- Those with space between the upper and lower teeth even with their mouth closed.
- Those with a combination of the symptoms above.
During your consultation, we can include a 3D virtual simulation to explore the types of surgical outcomes you can get from this procedure.
1. Internal Fixation Surgery
- Before the Dream Double-jaw Surgery, the upper and lower jaw are firmly fixed internally, so that intermaxillary fixation (tying the upper and lower teeth together) is not necessary. This means that you can move your chin freely, and you can open your mouth sooner and breathe comfortably.
2. Cooperation with Orthodontic Clinic on Diagnosis
- The orthodontist and plastic surgery clinic each diagnose the state of a patient accurately, both contributing to a successful surgery.
Notes Before Double-jaw Surgery
- Both Double-jaw surgery and square chin reduction can be performed simultaneously.
- Both Double-jaw surgery and cheekbone reduction can be performed simultaneously.
- A temporomandibular disorder can be improved after the surgery.
CONTACT OUR CLINIC TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DOUBLE JAW SURGERY
If you would like to view some before & after pictures, get a 3D Virtual Simulation of the types of surgical outcomes or find out how we can customise your procedure results, contact us at 65 6871 8888 or fill in our enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.