Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure performed to improve the fullness, projection or symmetry of a woman’s breasts using silicone gel implants or in some cases, fat transfer. During your consultation, we can include a 3D virtual simulation to explore the types of surgical outcomes you can get from this procedure.
Factors To Consider For Breast Augmentation Using Implants
1. Types Of Implant
- Cohesive gel implants can be categorised based on shape into round and anatomic types (tear-drop shape). They can be further categorised into smooth and textured types according to their surface treatment method. Smooth and textured type implants have their own characteristics and are managed differently during the surgery process. But they are both similar in sensation or movement after surgery.
- Cohesive gel implants are very similar to real breasts in shape and touch, helping to create breasts that look and feel natural.
- Only implants approved by local regulatory authorities are used by Dream.
2.Decision On Type Of Implant
- Implants are a very important part of breast surgery. It is therefore important to know about the advantages and disadvantages of each type of implant and decide on the type that is suitable. In addition, for an effective surgery, the decision on implant type should consider body shape, bust measurement, breast condition (whether it is sagging), incision area, etc. The breast size should only be decided after a precise diagnosis on thoracic shape, symmetry between the navel and breasts, and whether the surgery is a revision.
3. Position Of Implant
Above Breast Muscles
- This is a method positioning an implant right below the mammary gland. It is recommended for athletes or those having droopy breasts.
Dual Plane Method
- This is a method modified from the one positioning an implant below breast muscles. It is the most widely used method in augmentation mammoplasty.
- It is effective for droopy breasts or well-defined infra-mammary folds as well as general augmentation mammoplasty.
4. Decision On Incision Area
Approaches on augmentation mammoplasty include armpit incision, areola incision, and infra-mammary incision. Each of these has its own pros and cons. The most important thing is to select an appropriate surgery method according to personal circumstances, and not be fixated on one particular surgery method. For example, young women generally prefer the armpit incision while entertainers or models, dancers, etc. often prefer the areola incision and infra-mammary incision. Those with drooping breasts or a deformed thoracic or those undergoing revision surgery may also need to choose the areola incision or infra-mammary incision.
Dream's specialists have vast breast surgery experience using various approaches. Therefore, clients can be assured that only the most suitable methods will be recommended.
- This is the method young women prefer the most.
- Breast-feeding is possible.
- Fewer scars left on the breasts compared to other methods
- A space for an implant can be created accurately and quickly and there are no tissues that can be damaged around the site. This method has the lowest possibility of side effects compared to the others and results in the least amount of recovery time needed.
- This method is suitable for revision surgeries and correction of droopy breasts. An operating surgeon can easily achieve the ideal breast shape he/she wants through this method.
- If the infra-mammary incision area is not accurately predicted and calculated, scars can be clearly seen on the infra-mammary later. Therefore, it is essential to consult with an experienced specialist such as those in Dream.
- Dream regularly undertakes breast surgery information exchange with Dr.Randquist (Victiriakliniken, Sweden), the world's renowned expert in breast surgeries (especially augmentation mammoplasty incising infra-mammary).
- This method can be used only if the diameter of the areola is over 3.5 cm.
- This is a suitable method for drooping breasts, deformed thoracic, revision surgery etc.
- Temporary sensory disturbance of the nipples may occur.
- As the implant is exposed to the mammary gland during surgery, the possibility of capsular contracture can be slightly increased.
Breast Augmentation Through Fat Grafting
Free fat grafting is a surgical procedure where fat from another part of the body is injected or grafted onto areas requiring volume enhancement, to produce safe, long-lasting results with a natural look. Fat grafting is commonly used in place of traditional implants.
Free fat grafting usually involves extracting fat from one part of the body, washing and purifying it, and then carefully re-implanting it into the breast. Changes to the contour of the breast can be accomplished for a fuller or shapelier appearance. Any swelling or bruising should completely subside in 2 to 3 weeks.
SURGERY TIME & THE AMOUNT OF FAT GRAFTED
The fat is usually extracted from an abdominal region, or from the thigh under the hip for a lean person. Depending on the person's body frame, different amounts of fat are required to achieve desired results. The addition of 200cc to the chest of a lean-looking woman makes a significant difference while the same 200cc added to the chest of a heavier-framed woman is barely noticeable.
After surgery, the grafting adds volume and contours for a more feminine silhouette.
- 4 weeks after surgery: injected cells take their place, which in turn gives the person an appealing contour.
- 2 months: as the swelling subsides, some volume (20~30%) is correspondingly reduced.
- 2~6 months: the functions of grafted cells are temporarily suppressed, causing an uncertain reduction of volume.
- After 6 months: eventually, grafted fat tissues settle down completely and become semi-permanent.
Preparations before surgery
- It is recommended to shower before arriving for the procedure.
- Wearing jewellery or accessories is not recommended just before surgery. If possible, undergarments in contact with areas undergoing fat extraction should not be worn.
- It is important to fully disclose one's medical history to the specialists, especially those involving high blood pressure, diabetes, medication containing steroids or traditional medicines.
CONTACT OUR CLINIC TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY
If you would like to view some before & after pictures, get a 3D Virtual Simulation of the types of surgical outcomes or find out how we can customise your procedure results, contact us at 65 6871 8888 or fill in our enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.