Fight Wrinkles & Lift Sagging Skin with Thread Lift from our Clinic in Singapore
Thread lift is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive facelift technique using sutures which are commonly referred to as threads. The threads are inserted beneath the skin to reposition sagging skin or plump up wrinkles and lines, resulting in a semi-permanent lifting effect. Apart from skin regeneration benefits from collagen synthesis and skin tightening, it also brings about overall improvements to the skin tone and skin quality.
There are two main types of thread lift for skin and face rejuvenation. Depending on the skin laxity and the desired outcome, our surgeon will recommend dissolvable or non-dissolvable threads for your treatment plan.
Dissolvable Thread Lift
Depending on the level of lift required, the surgeon will recommend one of the two types of threads available to achieve your desired results.
Mild Thread Lift
Dissolvable thread lift uses FDA-approved PDO threads that will be broken down naturally by the body’s enzymes. Commonly used to regenerate collagen and elastin fibres vital for anti-ageing, it helps to improve wrinkles, and firms and lifts the skin for a slimmer V-line effect. PDO thread lift results can last for approximately 1 year or more depending on the individual’s lifestyle and habits.
Moderate Thread Lift - MEGA V-Lift
The dissolvable threads for a moderate lift comes with mini barbs for better grip and also allow skin tissues to adhere better. It produces better lifting results and is a good option for those who want more dramatic facelift results without the down-time. Both thread and barbs will eventually be broken down by the body’s enzymes, and new collagen and elastin fibres will fill in and the skin will feel tighter and more lifted. Moderate thread lift can be used to achieve similar effects to brow lift, facelift and neck lift surgeries.
Depending on one's expectations, the surgeon will recommend the number of threads to achieve the desired results. A moderate lift can last for approximately 3 years or more depending on the individual’s lifestyle and habits.
- Wish to achieve slimmer V-line without surgery
- Wish to reduce lines and wrinkles around the eyes, nasolabial, forehead and neck
- Wish to achieve lifting effects for the cheeks, lower face and double-chin
- Wish to achieve tighter, firmer and younger looking skin.
- For individuals with minor to moderate skin laxity issues.
The advantages of dissolvable threads:
- No scarring
- Short surgery time
- Similar effects to facelift but with minimal swelling and downtime
- Results are immediate
Treatment begins with the application of a topical numbing cream. Patients are left to rest until the numbing cream takes effect. Threads are inserted using fine needles into the dermis of the skin to plump and regenerate cells around the treated area. Depending on the treatment area, the entire procedure takes between 15 mins to an hour.
Individuals may experience slight swelling and bruising post-treatment, which will subside within a day or two. There is no downtime for this treatment and patients can resume their daily activities after treatment.
Non-dissolvable Thread Lift - Strong Anchor Mesh Lift
Non-dissolvable thread lift allows one to achieve subtle or more dramatic results without the downtime of a traditional facelift surgery. Dream Plastic Surgery uses non-dissolvable sutures which are similar to those used in heart surgeries. These threads come with either dissolvable cones or mesh for better adhesion on the soft tissues, allowing surgeons to achieve better tissue repositioning and lifting effects. The threads act like suspension lines to lift and hold your soft facial tissues in place. They help your tissues stay in place for a much longer time, slowing the sagging of skin.
- Wish to achieve dramatic lifting effect without undergoing a traditional facelift
- Concerned with sagging around brows, mid-face, lower-face, jowls, submentum and neck area, and wish to reposition facial tissues to achieve a rejuvenated look
- For individuals who are concerned with scarring
- Wish to have tighter skin on the face
- Suitable for individuals with moderate to severe skin laxity issues
The advantages of non-dissolvable threads
- Improves skin elasticity
- Able to achieve a slimmer and more defined V-line
- Excellent lifting effect
- Produce longer lasting results compared to dissolvable thread lift.
- Shorter recovery time as compared to traditional facelift techniques
- Surgery can be done under sedation, local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia.
- The procedure takes between 30 mins – 1 hour depending on the treated area.
- Insertion point is hidden beneath your hair line, close to the temporal region.
- Threads are inserted beneath your skin and the cones or mesh adheres onto the soft tissues. Threads are then pulled upwards or adjusted to produce a lifting effect before they are anchored beneath the incision area.
- Swelling and bruising may take between 10 – 14 days to subside.
Contact our clinic in Singapore about the range of treatments we offer
Dream Plastic Surgery provides clients with a wide range of surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments. Whether you’re seeking an epicanthoplasty or advice on how to keep your skin clear, we are able to help you.
Get in touch with our clinic today by calling 65 6871 8888, or sending an email to . We also welcome messages through our enquiry form.